With subsidiaries in more than 19 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling, and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA is currently working in partnership with First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQML) on the development of the Sentinel copper project, which is part of their new Trident project. It is located approximately 150 kilometers west of Solwezi in the northwest of Zambia. FQML is an established and rapidly growing mining and metals company currently operating seven mines and developing five projects worldwide. They currently produce copper, nickel, gold, zinc and platinum trade metals.
uNyazi provided qualified Riggers to engaged in the lifting and moving of materials, and machines, while utilizing power operated equipment such as hoists, winches, cranes, etc. uNyazi Riggers performed the following duties:
- Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in all rigging and lifting activities, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements. Familiar with heavy lift plans and procedures for elements above 5 tons and ability to use an overhead crane of a mobile workshop maintenance which can support up to 70 tons;
- Assists and determines the proper method of lifting equipment for each assigned lift;
- Conducts advanced loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the crane equipment and ensuring the proper use of each equipment method;
- Directs crane operators to move equipment to and from work areas;
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials)
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”;
- Specifies locations for movement of machinery using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment;
- Directs workers engaged in splicing ropes and metal cables to form hoisting slings;
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Safety procedures, including all Company rules and regulations;
- Assists and determines the proper method of lifting equipment for each assigned lift.